Lowe’s Cos., Inc. is a company that retails home improvement products, including products for home decorating, remodeling, repair, and property maintenance. One of the offers is flooring with various materials, including popular vinyl plank. It can be hard to define how much does Lowe’s charge to install vinyl plank flooring because the final price depends on many factors.
The crucial ones are experts who won’t make mistakes that often occur when you let unqualified workers finish the job. Additionally, the calculation will cover your home’s location, the surface area you want to cover, and the material quality. Let’s take a look.
Lowe’s (Lowe’s Companies, Inc.) is a US retail company founded in 1946 headquartered in Mooresville, North Carolina. It is the second-largest hardware chain that operates in the US and Canada, specializing in home improvement. It provides home improvement products in several categories.
What Affects Vinyl Flooring Cost?
As you can guess, vinyl plank flooring prices are not chosen by chance but depend on several crucial factors. The average costs at the national level significantly vary so that you can pay between $600 and even $2,000 for 200 sq ft (18.5 m2).
How much you should pay will depend on your vision, so you need to choose the product’s quality levels and final costs that fit your budget. Once you know your priorities, capabilities, and desires, it is time to pick out the material depending on its color, durability, and way of installation. Let’s see.
Vinyl flooring type
You can choose between:
- Vinyl planks flooring
- Vinyl tiles flooring
- Vinyl sheet flooring
Vinyl sheet flooring is the cheapest option, while you should pay more for quality plank flooring.
The rule of thumb is that you will get the product you pay. Material type and construction quality are always crucial factors. You can find cheap vinyl plank flooring for less than $1 per sq ft (0.09 m2), while the top quality material can cost more than $6 per sq ft (0.09 m2).
Vinyl plank flooring prices per 1 sq ft (0.09 m2)
|Costs in dollars||Selection|
Warranty in years
|Cheap||0.6 to 1.4||Poor||5 to 10 years||None||15|
|Low-cost||1.4 to 2.4||Good||6 to 12 years||3 to 10||Lifetime|
|Mid-price||2.4 to 4||Excellent||15 to 20 years||10 to 15||Lifetime|
|High-cost||4 to 6+||Ultimate||20 to 25 years||15 to 20||Lifetime|
Vinyl flooring wear layers
Always check for wear layer before going shopping. It is a thin, transparent layer placed over the design layer, affecting the flooring quality directly.
It is a vital factor in the final price since the thicker wear layer increases flooring durability and longevity. Consequently, its price will be higher. On the other hand, the final cost will largely depend on the brand you choose.
- Thickness – It is given in mils, and standard wear layers range from 4 to 40 mils. Since 1 mil equals 0.001 inches, you can quickly calculate this value. The cheapest flooring is the one with a wear layer thick 6 to 8 mils, while an average is 12 to 20 mils. The most expensive models have a wear layer thicker than 30 mils.
- Material – Most Lowe’s vinyl plank flooring has a wear layer made of polyurethane without adding anything to the entry-level vinyl plank flooring’s wear layer.
You can also choose premium luxury vinyl flooring with ceramic beads to get the tougher wear layer.
Vinyl flooring features
Some vinyl planks come with extra luxury features that will cost you more money. For example, you can pick out standard luxury vinyl flooring or additionally pay for a 100% waterproof model like:
- Stiff, sturdy, and durable SPC Rigid Core luxury vinyl flooring with a stone-plastic composite core
- Resilient WPC Vinyl Flooring with a wood-plastic composite core
Vinyl plank flooring by style
|Cost per 1 sq ft (0.09 m2)|
$2 to $4
|$2 to $8|
$3 to $5
|$3 to $9|
$3 to $12
|$4 to $6.5|
$5 to $8
$5 to $8
You can find three core types, including:
- Stone polymer is the cheapest, stone-plastic core made of crushed limestone
- Wood polymer is a wood-plastic core made of bamboo or wood dust
- Rigid vinyl is a new model made of thick waterproof vinyl
Be aware that the warranty always reflects the product quality. Most manufacturers will offer:
- Residential warranty – It ranges from 15 years to a lifetime for residential properties.
- Commercial warranty – You can’t get it for cheap vinyl plank flooring, but it will range from 3 to 20 years for commercial properties.
- Prorated warranty – Nowadays, you can get this warranty type for a few cheap lines. That means the company will charge less replacement cost over time.
The average vinyl plank flooring installation will cost you from $1.4 to $2.75 per 1 sq ft (0.09 m2) in most cases. However, you will need to pay $4.7 to $5.5 per 1 sq ft (0.09 m2) for specific and more demanding spaces.
The price will depend on a few factors, but the primary one is the company that installs the flooring and the home type you have.
Costs for vinyl plank flooring plus 5% extra material for waste
|Square feet||Cost per 1 sq ft (0.09 m2)||Labor||Accessories|
|Two story house||2,000||$4.7||$2.5||$130||$15,800|
Professional Lowe’s installers will estimate the final labor price according to:
- Location – Your home location and local living costs will directly affect installation estimates.
- Removing old flooring – This dirty job with included disposal will cost you approximately 35 to 75 cents per 1 sq ft (0.09 m2) for carpet, floating, and hardwood floors. The price will be $2 to $4 per sq ft (0.09 m2) when you have glued-down flooring, ceramic, or stone tile.
- Trimming levels – It is not the same if the labor includes flooring of an ample open space or a few small rooms requiring more time and trimming.
- Stairs – You should count on at least $60 to $100 for covering each stair.
How Much Does It Cost to Install Vinyl Flooring?
It is always a tricky process part since the final installing vinyl flooring price depends on numerous factors, including:
- Vinyl flooring type
- Your home location
- The amount of necessary labor
Vinyl flooring installation prices
$600 to 2,000
|Up to 2,800|
|National average costs|
The average national range for this job varies from $600 to $2,000 for 200 sq ft (18.5 m2), but you can pay only $400 in some cases or up to $2,800 for more demanding options. Most people are prepared to pay approximately $1,400 for this job.
All things considered, there is a price range you will need to pay for vinyl flooring installation per 1,000 sq ft (93 m2).
Vinyl plank flooring prices per 1,000 sq ft (93 m2)
|Installation (for about 15 hours)||$925||$1,200|
When you want to hire Lowe’s experts to install vinyl flooring in your house, you should count on their prices that can be slightly different compared to other companies.
Their basic cost is $1.99 for the cheapest material, but they usually charge $2.44 per sq ft (0.09 m2). However, you will need to pay $7.6 per sq ft (0.09 m2) for luxury vinyl product installation.
If you require a water-resistant option for your kitchen or bathroom or sophisticated hardwood flooring for your living room, the average project will cost you from $3.80 to $4.80 per sq ft (0.09 m2).
In most cases, your costs for material and installation will be $1,660 to $4,620 for an average medium-sized living room of 330 sq ft (30.65 m2).
Keep in mind that you can complain if you are dissatisfied with Lowe’s certified contractor. In such a case, Lowe’s will send another contractor to get the job done.
You can also get a discount of 5% for purchasing with your Lowe’s credit card or ask for project financing when your costs are above $2,000.
Vinyl plank flooring price always depends on the material and installation quality. If you choose Lowe’s, you will get high-quality service at reasonable installation prices. This company will send Lowe’s certified contractor to get the job done, but you can always complain when dissatisfied with their work.
When you decide to install new vinyl plank flooring or replace the old one, you should check why this company is the second-largest hardware chain in the US.