Vinyl plank flooring is a cost-effective and attractive choice for your home. And it’s even better if you can buy some that supports American businesses!
We’ve found six vinyl plank flooring options made in the USA, or that support American employees. They look great, offer brilliant quality, and help the economy too.
So step this way to find your brand new vinyl flooring!
Best Vinyl Plank Flooring Options Made in the USA
Best Vinyl Plank Flooring Options Made in the USA
1. Selkirk Vinyl Plank Flooring, Lake Shore
Selkirk is based in Atlanta, Georgia, and both manufactures and distributes flooring. It started out focused on bamboo products grown in their own groves, but has since expanded. It now offers a great range of vinyl plank flooring in different designs.
Its rigid core vinyl plank flooring is available in packs with coverage of 24 square feet. It comes with a limited warranty of 15 years for domestic and 5 years for light commercial use. And it’s completely waterproof, so you won’t have to worry about spills.
It has a hardwearing, scuff-proof layer that will also resist staining. And it’s very easy to install. If you have an existing hard surface, like concrete, wood or ceramic tiles, you can lay it directly on top. And whatever sub-floor you have, you won’t need to leave time for it to acclimatize before laying.
There’s a Uniclic system with a four-sided micro-beveled edge, making it easy to fit the planks together.
One thing to watch out for if buying online, though, is that the color can differ from what you see on-screen. It’s always a good idea to order a sample before you commit.
We’ve also heard of a couple of cases where the edges of planks have been damaged in transit. Returns are accepted within 30 days, but only in unopened packaging. And you’ll be responsible for the shipping costs.
- Uniclic system makes this very easy to lay
- Nice and durable, with a 15-year limited warranty for domestic use
- Completely waterproof and stain-resistant
- The color can vary from how it appears on a computer screen – order a sample first if you want a precise shade
- Check for damaged edges before you start installation.
2. Lucida USA Interlocking Wood-look Planks, Pioneer Oak
Lucida has headquarters in both the USA and Canada. Its US operation is based in New Jersey, where it has extensive warehousing alongside offices.
Pioneer Oak is one of their range of vinyl plank flooring. It’s a pleasant mid-brown, and it comes in packs of 10 planks. Single sample tiles are available too.
High definition film prints give a photo-realistic look to the wood-grained surface. But unlike real wood flooring, these vinyl planks are waterproof and easy to clean. They also have an integrated noise-reducing underlayment, reducing sound transmission to floors below.
They’re heavy-wearing too, coming with a 25-year warranty. And all four sides interlock, so they’re very simple to install. They won’t expand or contract when the temperature changes, and they can be laid over any kind of hard sub-floor.
The main thing to watch out for here is damage during transit. The edges and particularly the corners are vulnerable to chipping.
That also means that they’re not suitable for laying over soft flooring – for example to create a hard surface for a chair and desk. If not laid on a stable base, you may find the edges are damaged.
- High quality print surfaces
- Waterproof and easy to clean
- Integrated underlayment cuts sound transmission
- Watch out for damage to the edges and corners during transit
- Not suitable for laying over cushioned flooring or carpet.
3. Lucida USA Self-Adhesive Vinyl Wood-look Planks
The second product from Lucida to make our list, these planks are the type you glue into place. You’ll get 16 to a pack, with each pack covering an area of 39 square feet.
They’ve available in no fewer than 15 classic colors, including angled walnut, whitewood, slate grey and ombre. The high-definition film prints are very convincing.
They’re waterproof and have an integrated sound-dampening layer. They have a tough, 22-millimeter wear layer too, with four layers of UV for a tough finish.
Installation is easy. Just spread pressure-sensitive glue on the back and lay them in place. You can install them over any hard surface, from concrete to ceramic tiles. And they come with a 25-year warranty.
There is very little not to like about this flooring. Just watch out for damage to the edges during shipping. And as each pack covers 39 square feet, it won’t be the most economical choice if you have a very small floor to lay.
- Great choice of designs and colors
- Four layers of UV provide a tough-wearing finish
- Comes with a 25-year warranty
- Watch out for nibbles off the edges
- The generous pack size means this won’t be the most cost-effective option if you have a very small floor to lay.
4. Flooret Vinyl Plank Flooring, Madeira
Flooret manufactures, sources and distributes vinyl plank flooring from its base in San Diego, California. It focuses on innovative products, providing high quality vinyl flooring at competitive prices.
This plank flooring is exceptionally robust. Its 40-millimeter wear layer is almost twice that of most other products. The core is made of tough stone composite, and there’s a scratch-resistant and waterproof coating.
The underlayment is already attached, making it easy to get a quiet and well-insulated floor. And installation is easy with the click-and-lock design.
The planks here are larger than most too – 9 inches wide and 72 inches long. This gives a luxurious look, effectively replicating the aesthetics of real wood floors. But it might not be the best choice if you’re looking to floor a narrower space. And the range of colors isn’t quite as wide as with some brands.
- Exceptionally tough, with a 40-millimeter wear layer
- Scratch-resistant and waterproof
- Pre-attached underlay for a quiet, well-insulated floor
- Not the widest range of colors
- The generous planks are less suited to narrower spaces.
5. Flooret Modin Rigid Vinyl Plank Flooring, Arlo
Arlo from Flooret is another vinyl plank that features the 40-millimeter wear layer. It’s also waterproof and scratch-resistant, making it a great choice for those looking for robust flooring.
It’s installed using a simple interlocking design, so there’s no need for any adhesive. And the pre-attached underlayment means it’s well-insulated as well as quiet underfoot.
The construction is certified by FloorScore, so you know it won’t adversely affect air quality. They’re kind to the environment too, using a high proportion of recycled materials. Each box of flooring covers 22.5 square feet. You can buy a 12-inch sample to check the color before making your final choice.
As with the Madeira range, the planks here are extra wide and long, at 9 and 72 inches respectively. They will work best in a large space, where the generous dimensions will give a luxury feel.
And note that only the samples are available through online retailers. If you want to place an order for your floor, you’ll need to contact Flooret directly.
- Strong 40-millimeter wear layer
- Waterproof and scratch-resistant
- FloorScore certified for air quality
- The large planks will work less well for smaller floors
- You can buy samples online, but will need to contact the manufacturer direct if you want to purchase flooring packs.
6. MS International Hampstead Maplewood Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring
MS International began as a husband-and-wife team operating out of a basement in Fort Indiana. It has since grown to a multinational company, employing over 1,800 staff across the United States.
Their Hampstead flooring uses the glue-down method of installation. Each plank measures 6 inches by 48 inches, and a single pack will cover an area of 36 square feet. And as long as the surface is firm, it can be installed over anything from ceramic tiles, to wood, to vinyl.
If you want to reduce sound, however, you’ll need to purchase underlayment separately.
The planks than waterproof and scratch-resistant, and they’re very tough. The warranty for domestic use is 25 years, and 6 years for light commercial use.
Note, however, that whilst this is an American company, this flooring is manufactured in China.
- Waterproof and scratch-resistant
- Can be installed over any firm surface
- Comes with a 25-year warranty for domestic use
- If you want to improve insulation or reduce sound transmission, you’ll need to buy underlayment separately
- Whilst your purchase will support American jobs, this flooring is manufactured in China.
Ready to choose your vinyl flooring?
We hope you’ve enjoyed our round-up of vinyl flooring manufactured or distributed by companies in the USA. Whether you’re looking for click-and-lock or glue-down flooring, there are plenty of options to choose from. And there are colors and designs to suit any interior design scheme.
Whichever option you choose, remember to purchase more flooring than your floor area. Between 10 and 15 percent extra is a good rule of thumb. That will make sure you have enough to handle any tricky areas, and don’t need to try to use small off-cuts.
Note that not all the flooring options set out here are made in the USA. But in all cases, your purchase will support American jobs. And all of it meets quality standards for construction and air quality.
We hope you enjoy choosing your new floor!