When it comes to refreshing your flooring, vinyl is a great option. It’s inexpensive, easy to install, and there’s a huge range of colors and designs to suit every interior.
But with so much choice out there, your biggest problem may be narrowing down your search! That’s where we come in.
We’ve searched out the six best vinyl floor options on Amazon. We’ll take you through what makes them great, as well as any issues to watch out for. And when we’ve finished, you’ll have all the information you need to make the right decision.
So let’s get started!
The Best vinyl flooring on Amazon
1. Lucida USA luxury vinyl wood-look planks
These attractive wood-look vinyl planks are from Lucida’s “BaseCORE” range. They look great, and are designed to be very hard-wearing.
You install these using a simple peel-and-stick method. They can be installed over pretty much any firm surface, and the process couldn’t be easier.
The design is printed onto a decorative film overlaying a core of virgin dry-back LVT. There’s then a wear layer to reduce damage from scuffs, a UV coating for extra strength, and a final topcoat of urethane.
The result is a vinyl floor that’s both tough and waterproof. It comes with a 10-year warranty for domestic use, and 5 years for light commercial installations. Each box contains 36 tiles, enough to cover an area of 54 square feet.
Note that if you order a sample, be sure to make your own record of the color. Surprisingly, nothing is marked on the sample itself. These are also quite pricey in comparison to other vinyl flooring of similar thickness.
- Very easy to install with self-adhesive backs
- Very hard-wearing for a relatively thin floor
- Comes with a 10-year warranty for domestic and 5 years for light commercial use
- Make your own note of any sample you order – it may not arrive labeled
- Fairly expensive when compared with other peel-and-stick products.
2. CO Z gray vinyl floor planks
CO Z’s vinyl floor planks come in five different colors, including our favorite, the classic gray.
This is another product that has self-adhesive backs for easy installation. The glue has been formulated to allow you to move the planks around if necessary as you fit them. It will set firm after being in place for three minutes.
Note that if you’re applying the planks to vertical surfaces, like stair risers, you may need stronger glue. We’ve heard of some cases where they’ve appeared to have stuck firm, only to fall off after a few hours.
The same goes for smaller sections at the ends of rows. It’s a good idea to plan your floor layout before you get started to avoid having to lay very small pieces. As well as being harder to stick down firmly, small sections are vulnerable to breaking.
The design is a realistic wood grain, and will look good in any interior scheme. Each box contains 16 planks, each of which measures 6 by 36 inches. That will cover a total area of 24 square feet.
The overall thickness of each plank is 0.07 inches. You’ll be able to lay them over any type of sub-floor, as long as it’s clean, dry, smooth and level.
- Attractive and realistic woodgrain design
- Easy to install over any smooth, dry and level sub-floor
- You’ll be able to lift and reposition individual planks for up to three minutes after laying them
- You may need extra glue if you want to install these vertically
- Small pieces are difficult to stick securely and vulnerable to breakage – plan your floor layout to avoid them.
3. Achim Home Furnishings Nexus vinyl floor tiles
If you long for a traditional stone floor without the price tag or cold feet, check out these floor tiles from Achim Home Furnishings. They have the look of granite laid in an alternating vertical and horizontal pattern. And they have a smart high-gloss, no-wax finish.
Each box contains 20 tiles, covering an area of 20 square feet. Installation is by the simple peel-and-stick method, so you don’t have to be a DIY genius to manage it successfully. And as long as your sub-floor is firm, smooth and level, it will work well.
At 1.6 millimeters, these tiles aren’t particularly thick, though, so any imperfections in your sub-floor will show through. And we’ve heard of some cases where customers have required extra glue to get a secure fit.
But if you’re looking for a very cost-effective way to give your room a makeover, these are a great choice.
- Attractive granite design
- Simple peel-and-stick-installation
- Very cost-effective
- They’re thin, so if your sub-floor has any lumps or bumps, they’ll show through
- You may need extra glue to get a secure fit.
4. Floorpops Medina vinyl floor tiles (Our Top Pick)
These Medina floor tiles from Floorpops will bring a touch of Moorish style to any home. They’re an attractive shade of dove gray and white, with a textured, low-luster finish.
They’re made of virgin vinyl, and they’re waterproof, making them a great choice for kitchens or bathrooms. They’re washable too.
Each tile measures 12 inches square and has a depth of 0.06 inches. There are 10 in a pack, giving coverage of 10 square feet.
The self-adhesive backs mean they’re easy to install over any clean, level and smooth sub-floor. They’re not particularly thick, though, so will show any lumps or debris underneath.
You’ll be able to pull up the tiles to reposition them as needed during installation. But if they’ve been in place for a while, it will be trickier. When it comes time to change your floor, you’ll need a specialist product to remove the adhesive that will be left behind.
- Striking design in attractive colors
- Waterproof and washable
- Easy to reposition as needed during installation
- Rather thin, so make sure there’s no dirt or bumps on your sub-floor before you lay them
- Be prepared to take some time cleaning off adhesive from your sub-floor when it comes time to lay new flooring.
5. Lucida USA luxury vinyl stone-look tiles
These vinyl tiles from Lucida are a great option for anyone looking for a dramatic stone-look floor. They’re also a good choice for those looking for something thicker than peel-and-stick vinyl. The tiles here are interlocking, and each one is 7 millimeters thick.
The high-definition printed film is designed to recreate the look of real marble. Note, though, that the finish is matte. This won’t be the right choice if you’re looking for flooring that will reflect the light.
Each tile is constructed with a 22-millimeter wear layer, making it resistant to scuffs and scratches. They’re waterproof too, so you can use them in bathrooms or kitchens.
Each tile is a foot wide by two feet long, and interlocks on all four sides for easier installation. And the underlayment is integrated, reducing noise and improving insulation. You’ll get eight tiles per pack, covering an area of 16 square feet.
Note that your floor does need to be level to use this successfully. If it isn’t, the pieces won’t lock together as they should.
- Integrated underlayment to improve insulation and reduce sound transmission
- Waterproof and scuff-resistant
- Each tile interlocks on all four sides for easier installation
- The matte finish means this looks more like good quality vinyl than real marble
- If your sub-floor isn’t completely level, the tiles won’t lock together as they should.
6. Flooret Modin Reaburn vinyl plank flooring
Flooret’s Modin range of vinyl plank flooring is a great choice for those looking for a quality product to replicate real wood. Raeburn has a warm, deep tone that will suit both classic and contemporary interiors.
The wear layer here is extra thick, at 40 millimeters. That makes for a very robust floor. Each plank is also 100 per cent waterproof, so you won’t have to worry about spills. And they’re FloorScore certified, so you can be confident they won’t harm the air quality in your home.
Installation uses the click-and-lock method, and underlayment is pre-attached for better insulation and soundproofing. The planks are longer and wider than most too – 72 inches by 9 inches – giving a luxurious look. That does mean, though, that they’re less easy to install in smaller spaces.
You’ll be able to buy a 12-inch sample online, but if you want a whole floor you’ll need to contact Flooret direct. The quality is worth the hassle.
- Extra thick 40-millimeter wear layer makes this exceptionally robust
- Pre-attached underlayment for better insulation and lower sound transmission
- FloorScore certified, so won’t adversely affect the air quality in your home
- The generous planks won’t be as well suited to installation of smaller floors
- You can buy a sample online, but for a whole floor you’ll need to contact the manufacturers direct.
Ready to pick your new vinyl flooring?
That brings us to the end of our round-up of six of the best vinyl floor options on Amazon. With designs replicating wood, stone and ceramic, you can get a great looking floor without spending a fortune. We hope you’ve found something that will suit your home!
Our top pick is the Medina vinyl tiles from Floorpops. We love the striking design and easy installation.
But whichever flooring you choose, it will transform your room. Good luck with your next home renovation project!