Vinyl floor can look stunning, but you need to take care of it properly, and to make it easier, you might consider investing in a cleaning machine to help you do it.
There are quite a lot to pick from, however, so to guide you through the options available and to ensure you pick the right one for you, here are our choices for best vinyl floor cleaning machine that will keep your floors in optimum condition.
Quick Glance: Best Vinyl Floor Cleaning Machine
The best vinyl floor cleaning machine
1. BISSELL Spinwave Powered Hardfunwood Floor Mop and Cleaner
The Bissel Spinwave powered mop features dual rotating pads that do a great job of cleaning vinyl and other hard surfaces with minimal effort. It boasts on-demand spray, so you can control how much fluid you use, and the swivel steering adds an extra level of maneuverability.
We think the fact it comes with two bottles of Bissel cleaning fluid is great – but when they run out, you’ll have to buy more because it doesn’t work as well with regular cleaning products.
Also, another minor negative is that it doesn’t scrub hard enough for encrusted dirt. However, for general cleaning, it does everything you could ask of it.
All in all, if you’re looking for a cleaning machine that will take all the effort out of caring for your vinyl floors, this one checks all the boxes. It’s easy to use and does exactly what it was designed for, making it an option worth considering.
- Powered mop with rotating pads – cleans the floor effortlessly
- On-demand spray – allows you to control how much cleaning fluid you dispense
- Swivel steering – for extra maneuverability
- Includes two bottles of cleaning fluid – so no need to buy them separately
- Washable pads – allows you to reuse them over and over
- Doesn’t work so well with regular cleaning fluid – you have to buy Bissel products
- Might struggle with encrusted dirt – but does a great job for regular cleaning
2. Cordless Electric Spin Mop
This cordless electric spin mop is designed to make cleaning your vinyl or other hard floors as easy as possible. It features dual-motor spinning pads that make short work of cleaning your floor, and you get waxing and mopping pads in the pack – as well as replacements for both.
We like the LED headlight and the quiet operation, and the battery life is good too. However, the spray feature requires separate AAA batteries, which is a minor negative for us.
Other than that, the only issue is the price since we feel it’s a bit expensive for what it is. However, is not vastly overpriced, and most people will be more than satisfied with its performance, making it a solid pick if you’re looking for this type of cordless cleaning machine.
- Dual-motor design – for extra power and efficiency
- Good battery life – and can buy a second battery separately
- Includes pads for mopping and for waxing – and replacements for both
- LED headlight – so you can see all dust and grime clearly
- Quiet operation – good for those sensitive to noise
- A little expensive – could be slightly cheaper
- Spray function runs on separate batteries – not the main rechargeable one
3. Hoover FloorMate Deluxe Hard Floor Cleaner Machine
If you prefer buying products from famous brands, this cleaning machine from Hoover should be of interest. It cleans either wet or dry, and it includes a dual-tank system designed to keep the clean and dirty water separate. It’s lightweight, simple to control and easy to maneuver.
One minor issue is that it doesn’t clean right along sideboards, leaving about ¼” untouched. However, this is a common problem with most machines like this and isn’t a big deal.
Also, we are a little concerned about its lifespan, although you should get at least a good couple of years out of it before it needs replacing.
In sum, an effective machine from a well-known company that sells at a reasonable price point and that does everything you’d expect of it. Another recommended pick.
- Wet/dry cleaning system – washes or vacuums as required
- Gentle scrubbing for hard floors – won’t damage them
- Dual-tank technology – keeps the clean and dirty water separate
- Easy controls – buttons easy to reach while using
- Lightweight machine – easy to maneuver
- Doesn’t clean along sideboards – although this is a common problem
- Questionable durability – might not last more than a few years
4. LIGHT ‘N’ EASY Steam Mop
Here’s a great idea for cleaning vinyl or other floor surfaces – it’s a mop that uses nothing more than hot steam, meaning you don’t have to worry about buying or using chemical cleaning products. It only takes 30 seconds to reach 212°F, and it’s super-lightweight too.
There’s not much we don’t like about this product, but maybe the power cord could have been a little longer. Also, the tank is on the small side, so you might need to refill while you work, especially in larger homes, but this should hardly be a dealbreaker.
This will appeal to the kind of person who wants an effective, affordable and environmentally friendly cleaning solution for their vinyl floors – and if that includes you, this is an option that should be on your radar.
- Steam cleaning system – uses water only, no need for chemical cleaning products
- Fast heating – takes only 30 secs to reach 212°F
- Suitable for a range of surfaces – works well on vinyl as well as most others
- Ultra-lightweight design – weighs only 3.5lbs
- Easy to assemble – and uncomplicated to use
- Cord a little short – a longer one would be more convenient
- May need to refill tank while working – especially if you have a larger home
5. OApier S8 Steam Mop
If you like the sound of the steam mop above, here’s another version to compare with it. This one can reach 212°F in only 20 seconds and features an innovative square mop head that is even better at cleaning in corners. The head also rotates through 360° for extra mobility.
However, the square head can also be a negative since its smaller size means you’ll have to make more passes to clean your floor. Another slight issue is that only one pad is included in the pack. You can buy more, but they cost a little more than we would have expected.
At the same time, the mop itself is an affordable cleaning option – and at this kind of price, we think it represents great value for money. So for anyone looking for an effective way to keep vinyl or other hard floors clean without chemicals, this could be a possibility to consider.
- Rapid heating – ready to go in just 20 seconds
- Square mop – ideal for cleaning in corners
- 360° rotatable head – for extra mobility
- Super-lightweight design – easy for anyone to use
- Easy to assemble – ready to go out of the box in minutes
- Small head – square shape means you need to make more passes
- Only one pad included – and spares are a little expensive to buy
6. Tineco Floor One S3 Cordless Hardwood Floors Cleaner
For those looking for the ultimate in hi-tech cleaning systems for vinyl floors, this wet/dry cordless model should appeal. Featuring a detailed LED display and smart operation that detects mess and adjust the settings accordingly, this is a machine that does it all.
At the same time – and partly due to some of the advanced features like auto-cleaning – the battery life can be limited. It then takes a few hours to recharge, which can be frustrating. Also, this is far from a cheap option, but that’s what you’d expect for a top-end machine.
In short, if you like to use hi-tech, advanced tools to make your housework easier, this is one you should love. However, if you’re looking for something a bit kinder on your wallet, this might be one to avoid.
- Advanced system – for both wet and dry cleaning
- Smart cleaning – detects mess and adjusts settings accordingly
- Detailed LED display – shows cleaning status, suction power and remaining battery
- Dual-tank system – uses clean water for cleaning and stores dirty water separately
- Self-cleaning – including roller and water lines
- Expensive option – but understandable for such a hi-tech system
- Limited battery life – and takes time to recharge
7. PurSteam Steam Mop Cleaner 10-in-1
This steam mop from PurSteam offers the ultimate versatility and can be used to clean just about anything in your home – including vinyl floors. It heats quickly, is lightweight and easy to use, is easy to refill, and it also has a detachable handheld section for even more flexibility.
However, although it’s a versatile tool, you’ll have to work out how to use it by yourself since the instructions that come with it are very poor. Also, the head tends to lock up when you’re mopping – not a fatal floor, but occasionally it can be quite irritating.
For anyone who wants a tool that can help with vinyl floors but that can also do a whole lot more, this would be ideal. It isn’t too expensive either, so at this kind of price, you can hardly go wrong.
- Highly versatile – designed to clean just about anything
- Heats quickly – hardly any wait for steam to be ready
- Lightweight tool – easy and comfortable to work with
- Easy to fill – only takes a moment to top up the reservoir
- Can detach handheld section – for extra convenience
- Poor instructions – nothing to explain the different functions and features
- Head tends to lock up – slightly annoying while cleaning with it
8. Reliable 300CU Steam Floor Mop
This handy floor cleaning tool from Reliable produces steam at 245°F, higher than many other brands’ products, so it makes short work of even some of the more stubborn messes it might face. Furthermore, it holds enough water for 25 minutes of mopping, requiring fewer refills.
There’s a scrubber mode and a steamer mode, and it’s easy to switch between the two with your foot. The swivel head also makes it easy to control and maneuver.
On the downside, it isn’t very stable and falls over easily, making it more difficult to store. Another problem is that the instructions don’t explain clearly how to set it up, so some people might not clip it all together properly, causing issues with correct operation.
These are minor negatives, however, so if this sounds like the kind of machine you’re looking for, they shouldn’t put you off buying it. It does a great job of cleaning all kinds of hard surfaces, and if that’s what you need, it’s another option worth checking out.
- High-density microfiber pads – highly effective at picking up dirt
- Scrubber and steamer modes – and easy to switch between the two
- Holds enough water for 25 minutes of steam – don’t need to keep refilling
- 245° F steam temperature – higher than some other models
- Swivel head – makes it easy to control
- Falls over easily – makes it more difficult to store
- Assembly instructions not clear – make it more difficult to set up correctly
9. SAMSUNG Electronics VR20T6001MW/AA Jetbot
If you hate cleaning, the simple, modern answer is just to get a robot to do it for you instead. You just set the unit running and it will mop the floor by itself, so you won’t need to worry about it. One charge will last around 100 minutes, so you can just let it do its thing.
This robot does a great job of cleaning right up against walls, and the dual-spin tech ensures a deeper, more efficient clean. The smart sensor also allows it to navigate obstacles effortlessly.
However, unlike many robot vacs, this mop unit is quite tall, so it won’t be able to reach under your furniture. Also, it doesn’t have app control, so you can only program it with the remote control that comes with it.
This is a great time-saving solution that takes care of your housework for you so you don’t have to. And if that sounds like something you’d be interested in, this could be the ideal pick
- Robot floor cleaner – saves you the effort of cleaning manually
- Can also be used on walls – to get even more use out of it
- Smart floor sensor – navigates walls and obstacles without problems
- Great edge coverage – cleans right up to the bottom of your walls
- Dual spin tech – for a deeper, more effective clean
- No app control – controlled by remote only
- Quite a tall unit – won’t go underneath furniture
Plenty of great options to pick from
As you can see, there’s no shortage of efficient and effective cleaners to pick from. If you’ve decided you need a vinyl floor cleaning machine for your home but you’re having trouble deciding which to go for, any of the options in our review would be a great place to start.