Vinyl fencing is an excellent way to create a boundary around your property. But to ensure it’s nice and sturdy, you also need good fence brackets. The trouble is, there are lots of different kinds on the market.
If you’ve been searching and found yourself bewildered by the options, you’ve come to the right place! We’ve searched out ten of the best vinyl fence brackets out there. And we’re going to take you through their pros and cons, so you can make the right choice.
So if you’re ready, step this way to take a closer look …
The Best Vinyl Fence Brackets on the Market
1. Jake Sales
This fence bracket from Jake Sales is a style also known as an internal fence rail mount. It works by being attached to the wall or other boundary from which you want the fence to run. The fence rail is then mounted inside it, with screws to hold it securely in place.
Each bracket measures 5.56 inches long, 1.62 inches wide and 1.2 inches deep. Your fence rail needs to measure 1.5 by 5.5 inches. Measure it carefully before you buy the bracket, because if it’s the wrong size it won’t fit.
The bracket itself is made of vinyl, so it’s weather resistant. And it won’t fade or discolor, even in strong sunlight.
Note that these brackets are sold individually, so in most cases you’ll need to buy more than one. And depending on your fence layout, that does mean they can work out to be relatively expensive.
You won’t get any screws included with this either.
- Great bracket for attaching your fence to vertical surfaces
- Made of vinyl, so it’s weather resistant
- Doesn’t include any resins, so it won’t fade or discolor
- Sold individually, and can work out to be pretty expensive
- You’ll need to buy your own screws separately.
2. Freedom Outdoor Living
These brackets from Freedom Outdoor Living are designed to attach your fence panels to the posts. Each pack contains six pairs of brackets, twelve in all.
They’re designed to be resilient enough to keep your fence attached even in high winds. For that reason, they’re made of aluminum, making them both strong and lightweight. And you won’t need to worry about them rusting over time.
Each bracket measures 2.75 inches long by 2 inches wide. Just note that this means your fence rail will need to be narrower than 2 inches to fit inside.
The brackets can be used with either privacy or picket fences. Clear instructions show you where to fix them for each style. They also come with all the screws you need to hold them firmly in place – ten for each bracket.
These are a little more expensive than some brackets. Nevertheless, we think the aluminum construction means they offer good value for money.
- Specially designed for areas that experience high winds
- Robust aluminum construction
- All the screws you need are included in the pack
- More expensive than some – though we think they’re still good value for money
- You fence rail will need to be narrower than 2 inches to fit inside.
3. Outdoor Essentials (Our Top Pick)
These fence brackets from Outdoor Essentials are a good option if you don’t want to spend a fortune. You’ll get a pair of brackets, together with all the screws you’ll need, for less than a cup of posh coffee.
Each bracket measures 3 inches by 2 inches by 1.5 inches. They’re designed to be used with 1.5-inch thick vinyl fence panels. Outdoor Essentials also make their own panels, and these brackets will work with all eight of their designs.
They’re made of white vinyl, and they won’t lose their color or turn yellow, even in strong sunshine.
And while they’re not metal, they’re still strong. They meet the hurricane testing standards set by Miami-Dade County. That means you can be confident your fence will still be standing when the weather takes a turn for the worse! And there’s a limited lifetime warranty for extra peace of mind.
The clever design also means you can attach these to the fence rail without removing the fence post. But note that if your fence isn’t completely square, these may not be the best choice. The vinyl isn’t particularly thick, so the angle may bend it out of shape.
- Perfect fit for 1.5-inch thick vinyl fence panels
- Strong enough to meet hurricane testing standards
- Can be attached to the fence rail without removing the fence post
- Not particularly thick, so they can bend if your fence isn’t completely square.
4. Freedom Set and Secure
These brackets from Freedom are another product that can be used with either privacy or picket fence designs. You’ll need two bracket sets for each panel of a picket fence, and three for a privacy design. Each pack includes two sets.
They’re made of vinyl and will hold a fence rail 1.75 inches thick. Each bracket is 2.75 inches tall, and there are outside screw holes that make repairs easy. But note that if your fence is already installed, you’ll need to cut the brackets in half to fit them. It’s still simple enough to do.
They come with decorative covers to hide the screws, so everything looks neat and tidy. You will need to buy the screws yourself separately, though.
- Can be used with privacy or picket fence designs
- Easy to install with outside screw holes
- Pack includes decorative covers to hide the screws for a neat finish
- If your fence panels are already in place, you’ll need to cut the brackets in half to install them
- No screws are included in the pack.
These brackets from KCHEX are a great choice if you’re looking for a heavy duty design. They’re made of aluminum, and they’re designed to withstand high winds.
You’ll get two brackets in each pack, and they’re among the more expensive options on our list. But the aluminum construction combines light weight with superior strength. And they won’t rust or require painting. The plain metal finish, though, might not be to everyone’s taste.
Each bracket measures 2.75 inches long, 1.75 inches wide and 1.875 inches deep. Note that these are suitable for use with blank posts only. Routed posts won’t fit securely.
If your fence panel is already installed, it’s possible to bend the bracket to fix it in place. That means you won’t have to remove the panel, saving time and hassle.
- Designed to withstand high winds
- Aluminum construction won’t rust or require painting
- Can be installed without removing the existing fence panel
- The plain metal finish won’t be to everyone’s taste
- Not suitable for use with routed fence posts.
6. Rail Mount
Rail Mount offer a competitively priced set of four fence brackets, made of vinyl. Each one measures 2 inches by 3.5 inches. They’re designed to fit on the outside of a railing of the same size.
They’re finished in white for a fresh, clean look. And because they’re made of vinyl, you won’t have to worry about them corroding in bad weather. They won’t discolor or fade either.
But they won’t be quite as sturdy as metal brackets. If you’re in an area that experiences high winds, it’s a good idea to secure them in place with hood pins.
All the mounting holes are pre-drilled – two on each bracket – so installation is very straightforward. But note that you will need to buy your own screws. None are included with the brackets.
- Won’t rust, fade or discolor
- Come with pre-drilled holes for easy mounting
- Four per pack, and they’re good value
- Not the sturdiest if you’re in an area that gets high winds
- No screws included in the pack.
7. Homestead Fence Co.
If you need a lot of brackets, this pack from Homestead Fence Co. is an economical option. It includes ten brackets.
They’re available in a choice of three different sizes. Choose from 2 inches wide by 3.5 inches long, 1.5 by 5.5 inches, and 2 inches by 6 inches.
They’re designed so that the vinyl railing sits snugly inside. There are pre-drilled mounting holes, but this is another case where you’ll need to buy your own screws separately.
They’re available in a choice of two colors – white and almond. Note that they extend 1.16 inches over the profile, so they’re not designed to be used with railings.
- Available in white or almond
- Choice of three different sizes
- Pre-drilled mounting holes for easier installation
- You’ll need to buy the screws separately
- Not designed for use with railings.
These fence brackets from Weatherables are designed for use with vinyl rails measuring 1.5 by 5.5 inches. Each one comes equipped with three pre-drilled holes so they can be mounted easily to a post, column or building.
The exterior dimensions are 1.75 inches by 5.63 inches by 1.25 inches, and each bracket extends 1.16 inches over the profile.
They’re made of vinyl in a fresh white color that will look good anywhere. They won’t warp, discolor or fade. And they’re resistant to both water and UV light. They’re made in the USA and come with a limited lifetime warranty.
You’ll need to buy your own screws to mount the brackets. And take care as you’re tightening them. If you’re too vigorous, the vinyl can split.
- Each bracket has three pre-drilled mounting holes
- Resistant to water and UV light
- Comes with a limited lifetime warranty
- You’ll need to buy the screws separately
- Take care as you’re mounting these – if you turn the screws too tight, the vinyl can split.
9. Plum Fittings
If you’re looking for brackets to fit your vinyl handrail, these ones from Plum Fittings could be the answer.
They’re designed to fit rails measuring 2 inches by 3.5 inches. The durable vinyl construction means you won’t have to worry about rust, fading or discoloration.
Each kit provides everything you need for your installation. As well as two brackets, you’ll get eight 1.5-inch stainless Phillips head screws, eight PVC rawl plugs and four self-drilling screws and caps. There’s also a clear instruction sheet to take you through the installation process step by step.
The brackets are constructed so that they surround the entire handrail, making them very solid. Just make sure you measure your rails carefully to be sure they’ll fit.
- Great option for fixing vinyl handrails in place
- Includes all screws, caps and plugs needed for installation
- Comes with a clear instruction sheet to take you through the process step by step
- Measure your handrail carefully – this will only fit rails measuring 2 inches by 3.5 inches.
10. Barrette Outdoor Living
These brackets from Barrette Outdoor Living come in packs of four. And they include all the screws you’ll need to fix them in place and attach your fence rails.
They’re specifically designed for use with Barrette rail kits. The bracket encloses the rail on all four sides, so you’ll need to make sure your rail will fit. It needs to be 2.75 inches wide and 1.75 inches tall.
They’re made of vinyl, and they’re pretty sturdy. The white gloss finish is attractive, and won’t fade or turn yellow in the sunshine.
But they’re not quite as strong as metal brackets. If you’re in an area that gets high winds, you might prefer to go for aluminum versions.
- Won’t fade or discolor in the sun
- The bracket encloses the rail on all four sides, so it’s nice and sturdy
- Comes with all the screws needed for mounting
- The design means there’s no wriggle room – your rail needs to be exactly the right size
- Not quite as strong as metal brackets.
Ready to choose your vinyl fence brackets?
That brings us to the end of our round-up of ten of the best vinyl fence brackets out there right now. We hope it’s helped you find the design that best fits your needs!
Our top pick is the set of brackets from Outdoor Essentials. They’re competitively priced, and come with all the screws you need. Just make sure your fence panel is 1.5 inches thick so that it will fit.
Whichever option you choose, enjoy the peace of mind of knowing your vinyl fence is fitted securely. Happy shopping!