If you’re looking for flooring for commercial premises, vinyl can be a great choice. It’s hard wearing and relatively inexpensive. And installation is quick and easy.
But choosing the right product from the huge selection available can be quite a headache. That’s where we come in!
We’ve reviewed 10 of the best commercial vinyl flooring tiles on the market right now. And we’re going to share their pros and cons to help you make the right choice for your project.
So if you’re ready, let’s find out what’s out there!
The Best Commercial Vinyl Flooring Tiles on the Market
1. Cali Vinyl Plus
Cali’s Vinyl Plus tiles are designed to be extra tough to withstand the rigors of heavy domestic use. They come with an impressive 50-year warranty when used in residential settings. But the 20-mil wear layer is thick enough to make the grade in commercial premises too.
The finish is an attractive pale-toned wood grain. It would look good in anything from a restaurant to a clothing boutique.
In addition to that 20-mil wear layer, each plank features a lining of cork padding. That provides extra comfort underfoot, as well as improving insulation and reducing noise.
They’re an unusual size, measuring 7 inches long and 6 inches wide. That makes them easy to maneuver during installation, even if space is at a premium. And the beveled edges allow them to click together, without requiring adhesive.
While you can buy samples from online retailers, a full order will need to be placed directly with the manufacturer. That means a little more effort is required – but the quality may be worth it.
- 20-mil wear layer to stand up to wear and tear
- Each plank is lined with cork padding to improve comfort and insulation and reduce sound transmission
- Click-and-lock design allows for easy installation
- There isn’t a warranty for commercial use
- Samples can be ordered from online retailers, but you’ll need to order your flooring direct from the manufacturer.
2. Lucida USA BaseCore
Lucida USA produces good-looking vinyl flooring that’s tough enough to cope in commercial environments. BaseCore is the least expensive of their ranges, but still comes with a 5-year warranty for commercial use.
The tiles come in a wide range of different finishes, so there’s something for every design scheme. Choose from light or dark toned wood looks, blanc and nero – black with a subtle fleck. If you’re not sure which to go for, a sample variety pack lets you see all the different options.
Each tile has a self-adhesive back, so installation is very simple. But note that some sub-floors may require a little extra glue. The tiles also have an integrated layer of IXPE underlayment to improve insulation and reduce noise.
Each tile is 2 millimeters thick, and has a 12-mil wear layer. That’s covered in two layers of UV and a final coating of urethane and ceramic bead. The result is a surface that’s waterproof, as well as scratch and scuff-resistant.
- Available in a wide range of finishes and colors
- Self-adhesive backs for easy installation
- Integrated IXPE underlayment to reduce noise and improve insulation
- The 12-mil wear layer isn’t as thick as some other commercial products
- You may need extra glue, depending on what materials your sub-floor is made of.
3. Lucida USA TerraCore (Our Top Pick)
The second range from Lucida on our list, TerraCore is both more robust and a little more expensive than BaseCore. With these tiles, you’ll get a 10-year warranty for commercial use.
They come in a choice of 13 different shades and finishes. There’s glossy white or piano black for striking modernist spaces. Or wood grain patterns, with colors ranging from the silver-gray “dolomite” to warm brown “siliceous”.
Note that the edges are micro-beveled. That means you’ll see the joins between them. It suits wood grain patterns, where you’ll get the look of floorboards. But if you’re looking for a pure black or white floor, you may want something different.
The wear layer is 22-mil, and it’s coated in four layers of UV. As with the BaseCore range, the construction is completed with a final coat of urethane and ceramic bead.
The click-and-lock design and solid core construction makes installation easy, even over imperfect sub-floors. And this is another product that includes integrated underlayment. The layer of IXPE will make your floor quieter and warmer.
- Tough 22-mil wear layer with 4 coats of UV, plus urethane and ceramic bead
- Easy to install, even over imperfect sub-floors
- Comes with a 10-year warranty for commercial use
- You’ll see the edges between the tiles, so not the best option if you’re looking for a flat color
- More expensive than some other options – but you’re buying a quality product.
4. ITtile Master Mosaic
ITtile’s Master Mosaic range comes with an impressive 12-year commercial warranty. And it’s free from chlorine and formaldehydes, so you won’t have to worry about those chemicals impairing air quality.
It comes in seven different styles. Three are chevron patterns, available in black, gray or beige. There’s a brick pattern in white or a warm red-brown. And “Stroud” and “Coastal Stone” offer square and rectangular mosaic patterns respectively, both in attractive neutral tones.
The tiles have a non-slip textured finish, and the surface is water-resistant. The edges interlock, so they’re easy to install. But while the fit is reasonably tight, it’s not completely waterproof. If you want your floor to be impermeable to moisture, you’ll need to glue the tiles in place.
- Choice of seven different finishes
- The interlocking tiles are easy to install
- Comes with a 12-year warranty for commercial use
- You’ll need to glue the tiles in place if you want your floor to be completely waterproof
- The luster of the finish can fade over time. Use Seal 365 to give it a new lease of life.
5. Lucida USA GlueCore
Lucida’s GlueCore range provides glue-down flooring that’s a cut above most other products of this type.
To start with, it’s thicker, with a depth of 2.5 millimeters. That’s about 20 per cent more than standard glue-down flooring.
It’s constructed of multiple layers for strength. There’s a 22-mil wear layer, urethane, ceramic bead and four layers of UV. There’s an integrated layer of IXPE to reduce sound. And the whole surface is waterproof. The flooring has a 10-year warranty for commercial use.
Installation is easy enough, but you will need to provide your own pressure-sensitive adhesive. And of course, you’ll need to apply it too, which will make the process a little longer.
There’s a choice of three attractive neutral shades: moonrock, greystone and satinstone. But the selection isn’t as wide here as with some of Lucida’s other ranges.
- Exceptionally thick and robust for glue-down flooring
- Integrated IXPE layer to reduce sound transmission
- Comes with a 10-year warranty for commercial use
- You’ll need to provide and apply your own pressure-sensitive adhesive to install the planks
- Not as many color or design options as some of Lucida’s other ranges.
6. Armstrong Excelon
Armstrong’s tiles are manufactured in the USA. They’re made of tough materials designed to stand up to the wear and tear of commercial settings.
The Polar White design is a simple, clean looking tile. The white background reflects the light, while the gray flecks help to disguise dirt and marks.
Each tile measures 12 inches long and 12 inches wide. That makes it easy to calculate how many you’ll need for your floor. The number of tiles required will be the same as the square footage of your floor. Just remember to order about 10 per cent extra for wastage.
The tiles come in a packs of 45. They’re good value for money, but you will need to buy the tile adhesive separately. And you won’t have the peace of mind of a warranty with this one.
- The simple design reflects the light whilst disguising dirt
- Each tile is 1 square foot, making it easy to calculate how many you’ll need
- You’ll need to buy and apply your own tile adhesive
- There’s no warranty with these.
7. Lucida USA MaxCore
Lucida’s MaxCore tiles are another robust product that will cope just as well with commercial as with domestic settings.
They come in a choice of 13 different shades and finishes, most of which have the appearance of wood. And there are two black options: glossy piano black, and storm black, which looks like painted wood.
There’s the same multi-layer construction as the TerraCore range, including a 22-mil wear layer. And these come with the same length warranty for commercial use – 10 years.
The tiles interlock on all four sides, so you won’t need to glue them in place. And there’s integrated underlayment to create a quiet and well-insulated floor.
They are, however, vulnerable to damage during transit. Check the tiles on delivery – a pack is heavy, so returning them is expensive.
Returns aren’t the only thing that’s pricey – this is fairly expensive flooring. But if you’re prepared to splash the cash, you’ll be getting great quality.
- Choice of 13 different colors and finishes
- Click-and-lock design for easy installation
- Comes with a 10-year warranty for commercial use
- Watch out for damage during transit
- These are pretty expensive – but you’re paying for quality.
Tuff-Seal’s molded vinyl tiles are a great choice for anywhere you need a cushioned surface. They’ll be perfect for gyms, but would also provide a modern pop of color in a quirky boutique.
They’re available in a choice of three textures – smooth, studded or the industrial-looking marquis. And there’s a range of colors too.
Each tile measures 17.7 inches on each side. They’re heavy duty, using 4 pounds of premium quality material for each one. The depth is a quarter of an inch, and they’re strong enough to take the weight of a car.
The surface repels humidity, dust and dirt. And the mats interlock, so they’re easy to install, without requiring any adhesive.
- Great range of colors and textures
- Heavy duty, with 4 pounds of premium material per tile
- Easy to install, with interlocking edges
- The look may be too industrial for some contexts
- Water-resistant but not completely waterproof.
9. Lucida USA TruCore
The last range from Lucida USA to make our list, TruCore comes in a choice of six wood-grained finishes.
The construction here is similar to Lucida’s BaseCore range, with a 12-mil wear layer. That’s covered with four layers of UV and finished with a layer of urethane and ceramic bead. It’s guaranteed to last for 5 years of commercial use.
The surface is 100 per cent waterproof, as well as scratch-resistant. And there’s an integrated IXPE layer to reduce noise and keep in the heat.
The planks lock together on all four sides, so they’re easy to install over pretty much any surface.
But make sure you check the contents of the package on delivery. We’ve heard of a few cases where planks have arrived with damaged edges.
- Scratch-resistant and waterproof surface
- Integrated IXPE underlayment for insulation and noise reduction
- Click-and-lock design for easy installation without adhesive
- The 12-mil wear layer here isn’t the most robust for commercial use
- Check the package on delivery – the edges of the planks are prone to damage in transit.
10. Greatmats StayLock
Greatmats StayLock tiles provide waterproof cushioned flooring in a range of colors. They’re the perfect choice for gyms or workshops, but would look great in any funky interior.
The tiles are made of PVC and they don’t require any underlayment. They lock together with clips on each side, so you won’t need any adhesive either. The fit is tight enough to resist all but heavy spills, and they’re also impervious to acid and oil.
You can install them over pretty much any type of flooring. They can even be placed on top of carpet.
Note, though, that this is cushioned flooring. In other words, it has some bounce! That’s great for settings like gyms. But it won’t be suitable everywhere. And it’s rather expensive in comparison to standard vinyl flooring too.
- Cushioned flooring, great for gyms
- Very easy to install – just click the tiles together
- Can be installed over virtually any kind of flooring, even carpet
- The bounce factor means this won’t be suitable everywhere
- Quite pricey.
Time to choose the right vinyl floor for your business!
That brings us to the end of our round-up of ten of the best commercial vinyl flooring tiles out there right now. We hope we’ve helped you narrow down your options!
Our top pick is the TerraCore range from Lucida USA. It’s easy to install over almost any type of sub-floor, and it’s robust enough to be backed by a 10-year warranty. We love the range of colors and designs available too.
But whichever product you choose, we hope your floor works brilliantly for your business. Good luck with your search!