Vinyl plank flooring is easy to install, requires little maintenance once in place, comes in a range of styles that realistically mimic wood and other materials and is much less expensive than many other types of floor – so it’s no wonder it’s one of the most popular choices today.
The problem is, with so many companies producing such an array of options, sometimes the biggest difficulty can be choosing. So to help, here’s our guide to the best vinyl plank flooring that should give you a better idea about what’s available when making up your mind.
Table of Contents
- 1. Achim Home Furnishings Peel ‘N’ Stick Vinyl Floor Planks
- 2. Achim Home Furnishings Nexus Vinyl Floor Planks
- 3. Art3d Peel and Stick Floor Tile Vinyl Wood Plank
- 4. CO-Z Vinyl Floor Planks
- 5. Luxury Vinyl Floor Tiles by Lucida USA
- 6. M S International Vinyl Plank Flooring
- 7. ROSEROSA Peel and Stick Engineered PVC Plank
- 8. Selkirk Vinyl Plank Flooring
- 9. FloorPops Knotting Hill Peel & Stick Floor Tiles
- 10. Livelynine Peel and Stick Floor Tile
1. Achim Home Furnishings Peel ‘N’ Stick Vinyl Floor Planks
For anyone looking for an attractive and classy flooring solution that won’t cost a fortune, these affordable vinyl floor planks from Achim could be just the thing. They’re available in eight different styles, all of which are highly realistic and difficult to tell apart from real wood.
Since these planks are peel and stick, application is super-easy. You just remove the paper from the back and lay them in place and you’re done – there’s no need for extra adhesive. The thick 2mm gauge will also ensure they last a long time and won’t need replacing quickly.
One small issue we found is that the paper backing can be a little hard to remove, although this is hardly a major problem. Also, you might have trouble getting them to stick to all surfaces – but if you prepare the surface properly, the adhesive should work well.
All in all, there’s a lot to like about these vinyl plank floors. They look great, are easy to fit and sell at a very reasonable price point – so if those are the kind of qualities you’re looking for, these planks are an option that would be well worth checking out.
- Peel and stick application – don’t need to use adhesive
- Looks just like real wood – very authentic appearance
- Thick 2mm gauge – should last a long time
- 8 different styles – choose one that best suits your room
- Reasonable price – relatively affordable flooring solution
- Paper backing a little difficult to remove – but only a minor irritation
- Might not stick perfectly on all floors – need to prepare the surface properly
2. Achim Home Furnishings Nexus Vinyl Floor Planks
If you like the idea of the flooring above but are looking for something even more affordable, this product from the same company could be a better alternative. Although it’s less expensive, the quality is excellent for what you pay, so it represents fantastic value for money.
One thing we like about this flooring is that it’s suitable for just about any room. These planks are also extremely easy to fit, so just about anyone will be able to install them without help. Once in place, they look great too, with a highly realistic wood-imitation appearance.
On the downside, these planks are only 1.2mm gauge, so they’re not as thick as the more expensive version and won’t last as long. However, this is only what you’d expect at this kind of price point, and we think most people will still be very happy with them.
Also, you may find you need to use a little adhesive to get them to stick on uneven surfaces. However, if the surface is flat – and you clean it properly before installation – the sticky-back adhesive will do the job well enough.
These are the kind of planks that will appeal to anyone who wants a simple and effective way to re-floor a room that’s also kind on their wallet. However, if you’re looking for top-end flooring, you might prefer to check out other higher quality products.
- Budget-friendly – for those who don’t want to spend too much on flooring
- Good quality for the price – better than you might expect
- Suitable for any room – versatile flooring planks
- Looks great when in place – highly realistic wood imitation vinyl
- Very easy to install – anyone will be able to manage it by themselves
- Thinner 1.2mm gauge – not as durable as the version above
- May need extra adhesive on some surfaces – but works well over smooth floors
3. Art3d Peel and Stick Floor Tile Vinyl Wood Plank
Here’s another option if you’re looking for peel and stick vinyl floor planking, this time from Art3d. They are easy enough for anyone to install without any problems, and they offer a great way to freshen up a room by giving it a new floor surface with a minimum of effort or fuss.
These planks are available in six different colors, and all of them feature a realistic wood finish. We also like the way they are 100% waterproof and resistant to wear, scratches and scrapes, so they should stay looking great for a long time to come.
We might complain that the adhesive isn’t the most effective – if the floor isn’t perfectly smooth and clean, you might need to add a little extra adhesive to help them stick. Also, don’t expect top-end flooring at this price, although they are still great quality for what you pay.
In short, another great option for anyone who is considering options for installing a new floor and who perhaps doesn’t want to spend the kind of money required for more expensive materials. It’s simple, convenient and looks great, making it another possibility to thick about.
- Peel and stick application – easy and effortless
- 100% waterproof – protects the surface against spills and splashes
- Wear-resistant – and also resistant to scratches and abrasion
- Available in 6 different colors – a good selection to choose from
- Great professional look – great way to freshen up a room
- Adhesive doesn’t work on rough floor – but fine if the floor surface is smooth
- Not top-end quality – although more than reasonable at this price
4. CO-Z Vinyl Floor Planks
As well as being waterproof and resistant to wear and tear, this vinyl plank flooring is also fire-resistant, so it will help make your home a little safer as well as giving it an attractive fresh new look.
With 2mm of thickness, this is also flooring that’s made to last. It’s easy to install – it features peel and stick backing, so you shouldn’t need to use adhesive – and requires only minimal maintenance once it’s in place.
That said, if the floor is not properly prepared or is not flat, you may need to use extra adhesive to help fix the planks in place – although this is normal with almost any planks of this kind.
Other than that, the only issue is the price since these planks are a little more expensive than some others. However, they’re still a lot cheaper than installing a real wood floor, so if you want the look of a wood floor for less, this is an option to consider.
- Fire-resistant surface – makes your home safer
- Quick install – stick firmly in place after just 3 minutes
- 2mm thickness – tough and durable
- Easy to clean – require minimal maintenance
- Include simple instructions for use – easy enough for anyone to understand
- May require additional adhesive – depending on the floor you lay them on
- A little expensive – not the most budget-friendly choice
5. Luxury Vinyl Floor Tiles by Lucida USA
If you’re looking for vinyl plank flooring and want a good selection of colors to choose from, this version from Lucinda USA is worth a look because, with over 10 colors available, you’re sure to find one you like.
At 2mm thick, the planks are tough and durable, so they should last a long time. They’re also resistant to scratches and abrasion, so they won’t show damage easily. Furthermore, they’re fully waterproof, so if you fit them properly, you won’t need to worry about damage from spills.
Another plus is that these planks are extremely easy to install – most people will be able to finish an average floor in only a few hours or so.
We can find few faults with these tiles. We could complain that the adhesive doesn’t stick to all surfaces, although this is common, and they will attach well to smooth surfaces that have been properly prepared.
They are also a bit pricey for what they are, but we don’t think the cost is excessive, so if you’re looking for quality vinyl flooring and don’t mind paying a little extra to get your hands on it, these tiles could be an option to consider.
- Lots of color options – easy to find something that suits your home
- 2mm thickness – tough and made to last
- Resistant to scratches and abrasion – won’t show damage easily
- Waterproof planks – no need to worry about water spills
- Very easy installation – can finish a floor in only a few hours
- A little pricey – but not excessively so
- May need to use adhesive – but will stick well to smooth floors
6. M S International Vinyl Plank Flooring
This vinyl plank flooring from M S International has a highly realistic wood look and is available in a range of different color schemes to imitate different types of wood like oak, elm or hickory.
This means you can add a touch of class and elegance to any room at a fraction of the cost of installing the real thing.
As well as being highly attractive, this flooring is also waterproof – making it suitable for installation in bathrooms – and it’s also scratch-resistant and requires little maintenance once in place, so you won’t have to spend lots of time looking after it.
One downside to this flooring is that it isn’t peel and stick, so you’ll have to buy adhesive separately to use when installing it.
This is also another fairly expensive option for vinyl flooring, but it’s a high-quality product, so you have to expect to pay a bit more for something in this kind of category.
It’s also still a lot less expensive than laying a real wood floor, so if you like the look of wood but want to save yourself a bit of cash – as well as all the hassle of looking after the real thing – this is an alternative that’s worth checking out.
- Realistic wood imitation – difficult to tell apart from the real thing
- Low maintenance flooring – will require little care once in place
- Highly attractive – will look great in many settings
- Water-resistant – can also be installed in bathrooms
- Suitable for installation on most surfaces – a versatile flooring solution
- Doesn’t include adhesive – needs to be purchased separately
- Not the most affordable flooring – but a high-quality option
7. ROSEROSA Peel and Stick Engineered PVC Plank
For anyone looking for a high-quality and extremely attractive vinyl plank flooring solution, this is another product that should be of interest. The planks are 2mm thick and are suitable for installation in commercial settings as well as for residential use.
This flooring can be installed in many different patterns, allowing you to create attractive decorative effects. It’s also certified as being free of substances that could be harmful to your health, making it a good choice if you’re concerned about your family’s safety.
We also like the way it’s so easy to install – you just peel off the back of each plank and stick it in place. The adhesive is strong too, so you won’t have problems with it moving about.
However, you’ll also need to be careful when installing it because once it’s down, it’s not easy to pull up again – although if you get it right, this is a benefit.
Also, if you are buying online, be aware that the product may be slightly darker than it appears in some photos – although this is not really a problem, as long as you don’t mind having slightly darker flooring.
In sum, this is a high-quality product that is simple to install and looks fantastic. We also think the price is very reasonable, making this a product that most people will be more than happy with.
- 2mm thickness – a tough and durable flooring solution
- Suitable for residential or commercial uses – will stand up to heavy foot traffic
- Free of harmful materials – certified as being safe for health
- Suitable for installation in different configurations – for creative decorative effects
- Peel and stick – simple installation method
- Not easy to move once laid – make sure you get it right first time
- Product may be darker than in photos – something to be aware of if buying online
8. Selkirk Vinyl Plank Flooring
Sometimes you need flooring that will stand up to more than the usual amount of foot traffic, in which case something like this vinyl plank flooring from Selkirk could be an option to consider.
It’s extremely durable and boasts an extra-tough layer on top to give it extra protection, making it highly resistant to scratches, scrapes and other damage. It’s also 100% waterproof, so it’s suitable for cleaning with a wet mop.
We like the way it’s so easy to fit, and this flooring also comes with generous warranties in both residential and commercial settings. It’s also available in several highly attractive color schemes, giving you plenty of options over the style you choose.
The main downside here is the price since something this tough doesn’t come cheap. However, you expect to pay more for quality, and with this flooring, you can be sure it will last a long time.
Some people might also find it a little heavy, but again, this is only normal because this is heavy-duty flooring.
Overall, a great choice for anywhere that needs flooring that can stand up to more than regular wear and tear – and if that sounds like what you need, this is an option that should be on your radar.
- 100% waterproof – suitable for wet mopping
- Extra-tough surface protection – makes it even more long-lasting
- Generous warranties – in both residential and commercial settings
- Easy to fit – can be installed over most existing surfaces
- Available in several attractive color schemes – plenty of options over style
- Expensive option – perhaps a little overpriced
- A bit heavy – but this is because it’s thick, tough flooring
9. FloorPops Knotting Hill Peel & Stick Floor Tiles
At the more affordable end of the price scale, these vinyl tiles could be a great option. They feature a highly realistic wood pattern and can be used to create a homely rustic décor. They’re also suitable for installation in just about any room in your house.
We appreciate the fact that they’re so easy to fit – all you do is peel off the back and lay them in place – and since they’re square, it’s a simple job to get them to fit in awkwardly shaped areas.
Another positive is the fact that they’re water-resistant, so you can clean them with a damp mop. This makes looking after them easy, and maintenance is minimal.
However, one issue we identified is that the adhesive on the back is not the best. While it should hold them in place if you install them over a perfectly flat and smooth floor, you might find it useful to use some extra adhesive to help keep them in place.
Also, you may find you have a problem with some corners peeling up, but again, a little extra adhesive will solve this problem quite easily.
To summarize, a great option if you are looking for something a bit more budget-friendly. However, despite the reasonable price, this is still a quality product and one you’d do well to consider.
- Authentic wood look – for an attractive rustic style
- Easy to install – simply peel and stick each piece
- Water-resistant – can be cleaned easily with a damp mop
- Affordable flooring solution – one of the more budget-friendly options
- Suitable for any room – will look great in any home
- Not the best adhesive – may need to add extra to help them stick
- Corners may peel up – again, extra adhesive will help
10. Livelynine Peel and Stick Floor Tile
These peel and stick vinyl tiles are aimed at people who are looking for a quick, easy and inexpensive flooring solution for their home. They’re super-easy to fit, and because they’re also easy to cut, they’re a breeze to install around appliances or in odd-shaped rooms.
We love the way they’re available in several highly realistic stone-imitation designs. For example, you can choose from several shades of marble to give your room a touch of class for far less than it would cost to install the real thing.
You can also install these tiles on walls, making them a versatile product that will allow you to come up with all kinds of creative ideas for interior decoration. They would also be suitable for floors in kids’ rooms, gyms or many other places.
One slight negative is that they might not stand up to higher levels of foot traffic in the long term – although in places with less foot traffic, you can still expect them to last for some time.
Bear in mind too that these are not intended to be high-quality, top-end flooring – but as a budget option that will give any room a lift, they’re a winner.
There’s a lot we like about these tiles and very little we don’t like. They do the job they were made for extremely well and they look far more expensive than they really are, so if you want to give your home a makeover without spending lots of money, these could be a smart pick
- Available in a range of stone-imitation designs – highly realistic appearance
- Suitable for many uses – including kids’ rooms, gyms and more
- Peel and stick installation – easy for anyone to install themselves
- Can also be installed on walls – a highly versatile product
- Easy to cut – makes it easy to fit them around appliances
- Might not stand up to high foot traffic – but ideal for lower-traffic areas
- Not a high-quality option – but still a great low-cost solution
As you can see, when it comes to vinyl plank flooring, there are many options available, and sometimes it can be difficult to know where to begin.
If you’ve decided this is the material you want to install in your home but you don’t know which to go for, any of the picks in our review would be a great place to start your search.