If you have vinyl plank flooring, you’ll need a suitable vacuum cleaner to help keep it looking at its best, but there are so many options to choose from nowadays that picking the right one can be a challenge.
To help, here’s our list of the best vacuums for vinyl plank floors to ensure you find the perfect one for your needs.
The Best Vacuums for Vinyl Plank Flooring
1. Bissell Crosswave Pet Pro All in One Wet Dry Vacuum Cleaner and Mop
If you have vinyl floors and you also have animals in your house, this vacuum cleaner could be the ideal pick since it’s designed specifically with pet owners in mind.
This means it has plenty of features that will help you deal with animal hair and other pet-related mess, including a special hair strainer to ensure the vacuum won’t get clogged up.
It’s also a two-in-one system, which means you can use it for regular vacuuming or you can set it to wet mode and wash your floors at the same time. This vacuum is suitable for vinyl plank floors, but it can also be used on most other hard floor surfaces as well as low pile carpet.
Another positive to mention is the “two-tank” system that keeps the clean water and cleaning fluid separate from the used dirty water, which gives better results because it doesn’t spread dirty water over your floor.
However, one minor issue related to this is that the water tank is a little small, so if you live in a larger house, you might find you need to refill it a bit more often than you’d like.
Also, we’re a little concerned about its durability as it seems to have a lot of plastic parts. However, it comes with a five-year warranty, so you’ll be covered if something goes wrong.
All in all, an excellent machine for pet owners that does a great job of cleaning up after animals on vinyl floors or most other surfaces. It’s a little expensive, but we think it’s worth the money, making it an option to consider if you share your house with four-legged companions.
- Specially designed for households with pets – includes pet hair strainer
- Two-in-one system – can be used to vacuum dry or wet
- Two-tank system – keeps dirty and clean water separate
- Suitable for many types of surface – not just vinyl
- Good maneuverability – convenient for cleaning even more inaccessible areas
- Durability uncertain – lots of plastic parts
- Small water container – may need to fill it up often
2. Whall Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
Although not made by a company with a famous name, this vacuum cleaner from Whall is worth a look. It features a brushless motor, making it more efficient and durable, and the battery life is respectable, offering over 50 minutes of charge on the lowest setting.
For more encrusted dirt, it also offers higher power settings, allowing you to take care of just about any kind of mess. This vacuum isn’t too loud, and it also does a good job with dust, sucking up 99.99% of fine dust particles.
However, this vacuum isn’t ideal for more heavy-duty use. If you have a smaller home, it would be ideal, but for places with more floor area to cover, you might be better off looking elsewhere.
Another slight issue we found is that the instructions are not well written, so the various functions aren’t explained clearly.
That aside, this is an excellent vacuum that’s suited to vinyl plank floor and other surfaces. The lack of a famous brand name also makes it a more affordable option, so if you want to ensure you get great bang for your buck, this is an option to consider.
- Brushless motor – built to last longer
- Good battery life – can run over 50 minutes on low power mode
- Effective at cleaning dust particles – improves air quality
- 3 power modes – depending on the job you need it for
- Not too loud – a relatively quiet machine
- Not ideal for heavy-duty work – but ideal in smaller homes
- Poor instructions included – various features not explained well
3. eufy by Anker
For cleaning hard floors like vinyl planks as well as taking care of a whole range of other vacuuming jobs around the home, this machine is another winner.
We love the way it comes with five accessories, making it ideal for vacuuming anywhere. The LED headlight allows you to see the dirt and dust in places like under furniture, and the five-tier filter system helps prevent blockages, maintaining power and efficiency.
One slight irritation is that to keep it running, you have to hold down the “on” switch, something that some people might not like. It’s also a bit heavier than some comparable machines, although this is hardly a deal-breaker.
This is another vacuum that we like a lot. It’s perfect for vinyl plank floor as well as most other surfaces, so if you’re looking for a versatile machine that will help you keep dirt and dust under control, this is an option that checks all the boxes.
- Includes 5 tool accessories – for a range of cleaning applications
- LED headlight – allows you to see dirt in dark spots like under furniture
- Comes with an extra battery – for even longer run time
- 5-tier filtration system – prevents blockages and maintains efficiency
- Flex head system – makes it easy to maneuver
- Need to keep trigger pressed – can’t just switch it to “on”
- Slightly heavy unit – compared to similar vacuums
4. Eureka Blaze Stick Vacuum Cleaner
This vacuum from Eureka is designed for people with hard floors and is also ideal if you have pets in your home. It’s lightweight and compact, making it easy for just about anyone to clean with, and the swivel steering will help you navigate around corners and other obstacles.
Furthermore, you can easily switch it to handheld mode, allowing you to use it to vacuum furniture, inside your car or just about anywhere else, and it’s relatively quiet too, so it’s a good pick if you don’t like noisy vacuums.
We could complain that it doesn’t perform so well on carpets, but if you only have hard surfaces to clean, this won’t matter. It’s important to note that it’s not ideal for larger homes, but if you just need something for smaller vacuuming tasks, it could be just the thing.
Overall, this is a great unit that sells at an extremely low price point. While it can’t match more expensive top-end machines, at the lower end of the price scale, it’s hard to beat. So if you need a vacuum that does the job but won’t cost a fortune, this could be the one for you.
- Compact and lightweight – easy for anyone to handle
- Swivel steering – makes it easier to clean around corners
- Can switch to handheld mode – great for cleaning furniture, cars etc.
- Quiet operation – a good choice for those sensitive to loud noise
- Extremely low price – hard to beat
- Doesn’t work well on carpet – performs much better on hard surfaces
- Small unit – not designed for larger jobs
5. NEQUARE Vacuum Cleaner
If you’re looking for a decent quality vacuum that offers respectable suction power but that won’t break the bank, this model from NEQUARE could be a great option to consider.
It does a great job of sucking up all kinds of debris, and it can be used on low pile carpet as well as on hard floors like vinyl. We like the LED headlight, and the fact that it can stand upright when not in use makes it easy to store.
We appreciate the washable filters that mean you won’t need to buy replacements, and it’s lightweight too, making it easy to use.
One slight gripe is that it can a bit tricky to put back together when you take it apart for washing. Another issue for some people could be that the dust container is on the small side, so you might find yourself emptying it quite often.
However, other than these minor niggles, this is a highly effective vacuum that represents exceptional value for money, and if that sounds like the kind of thing you need, this is an option that should meet your requirements.
- Self-standing – makes it easy to store
- High suction power – efficient at picking up all debris
- LED headlight – so you can see what you’re doing
- Washable filters – so you don’t need to worry about buying more
- Great value – an excellent piece of kit for the price
- Can be difficult to put back together – but most people will get used to it
- Dust container a little small – fills up quickly
6. Shark Navigator Freestyle Upright Stick Cordless Bagless Vacuum
Shark is among the best-known vacuum brands, and this model is another worthy addition to the company’s range of machines.
This vacuum is a great pick for those with animals since it’s designed to suck up pet hair quickly and efficiently. The swivel steering system makes it effortless to control, and we also like the way it’s easy to take apart for cleaning – and then to put back together again afterwards.
If you have hard floors like vinyl, this vacuum will work perfectly, but if you have different floor surfaces to vacuum, it’s a smart option too since it has a separate setting for carpets. It’s also lightweight, making it easy for anyone to use.
However, on the downside, this is not a super-powerful vacuum. It has plenty of suction for regular jobs, but if you need something more extreme, this might not be the right pick. Also, the bright charging light may be irritating to some unless you can charge it in a closet.
For those who like the peace of mind that comes from buying from a famous company, Shark is a brand that won’t let you down, so unless you specifically need an extra-powerful vacuum, this is one that should be on your radar.
- Good choice for pet hair – does a great job of sucking it all up
- Swivel steering – for extra maneuverability
- Simple to take apart – for easy cleaning
- Dual speed – for hard floors or carpets
- Lightweight model – comfortable and easy to clean with
- Not super-powerful – but sufficient for most regular cleaning jobs
- Bright and flashing charging light – some might find it annoying
7. TOPPIN Cordless Stick Vacuum Cleaner
For anyone looking for a versatile vacuum for vinyl floors that’s super easy to operate, this is a model that should be of interest. It comes with a range of useful attachments for all kinds of vacuuming tasks, and it includes LED headlights to illuminate hard-to-see dirt and grime.
If you don’t like noisy vacuums, you’ll appreciate how quietly this one runs. It also has three power settings, allowing you to ramp up the suction when required.
However, on the highest setting, the battery life is significantly reduced – and even on the lowest setting, it isn’t among the strongest performers. Another complaint is the small size of the dust cup, which means you’ll have to empty it more often.
However, other than these small issues, this is still an excellent choice for anyone with vinyl plank floors or other hard surfaces, and if that includes you, this vacuum could be the one to go for.
- 3 power modes – adapts to the job at hand and saves battery life
- LED headlights – illuminates dirt and dust
- Washable filter – to help maintain suction power
- Lots of useful attachments – plenty of versatility
- Quiet operation – not noisy at all
- Small dust cup – only holds half a liter
- Battery life not so impressive – especially on high power mode
Plenty of great options to choose from
As you can see, there’s no shortage of vacuum cleaners designed for hard surfaces like vinyl plank flooring, so you’re sure to be able to find one that fits the bill.
If you’re in the market for a new vacuum for your home but are having a tough time making up your mind which to go for, any of the picks in our review would be a great place to start your search.