If you have a vinyl floor, you’ll want to take proper care of it, and that means you’ll need the right mop to keep it clean. So to help, here are our top picks for the best mop for vinyl floors to make sure you choose the right one for your needs.
The Best Mop for Vinyl Floors on the Market
1. TETHYS Flat Floor Mop and Bucket Set
If you’re looking for a complete cleaning system for your vinyl floor, this bucket and mop combo could be worth checking out. The pack comes with two microfiber pads that can pick up all kinds of mess, and they’re machine washable too, making it easy to reuse them.
The mop head swivels through 280°, making it easy to reach inaccessible spots, and the telescopic head means you can adjust the mop for anyone to use – and then tidy it away conveniently when you’ve finished.
That said, the pole isn’t so strong, so you’ll have to be careful not to break it. Also, the bucket is quite tall, so it might not be easy to fill in regular-shaped sinks.
Overall, an excellent choice for vinyl or most other types of hard floor surfaces. The kit sells at a very reasonable price too, making it a good option to consider.
- Includes 2 washable microfiber pads – for more efficient cleaning
- Comes with bucket – complete cleaning system
- 280° swivel head – helps reach tight spots
- Telescopic aluminum handle – lightweight and convenient
- Compact storage – fits inside bucket when not in use
- Quality of pole not great – may break easily
- Bucket an odd shape – inconvenient to fill in a sink
2. Turbo Microfiber Mop Floor Cleaning System
This microfiber mop from Turbo has many positive features – for example, the microfiber pads themselves are ultra-absorbent and great at picking up mess, making it a great option for a range of cleaning jobs.
We also like the way the head can swivel through 360°, making it easy to clean just about anywhere. This mop is suitable for vinyl surfaces – and the fact that it can be used wet or dry makes it suitable for just about any other floor type too.
One issue – and a relatively common problem with mops like this – is that the handle is not particularly solid, so we’re worried about how long it will last. Also, sometimes the swivel head can be too flexible, which makes it difficult to control during regular mopping.
However, these minor negatives aside, this is an effective mop that’s easy to use and that gets the job done. So if you’re looking for a mop that will help keep your vinyl floors in great shape, this is an option you’d do well to consider.
- Microfiber mop – with ultra-absorbent wicking fibers
- 360° spin capability – to make mopping even easier
- Can be used wet or dry – and suitable for most types of floor
- Extendable handle – 60” maximum length
- Easy-change pads – quickly swap for a new one when needed
- Handle not strong – a relatively common issue
- Head perhaps too flexible – sometimes can be a little difficult to control
3. MR. SIGA Professional Microfiber Mop
Here’s another floor cleaning system that should be of interest to anyone looking for an affordable yet effective way to take care of vinyl floor.
The mop comes with three reusable pads, so you won’t have to worry about buying replacements. The pack also comes with a super-useful dirt scraper that can also be used to remove debris from the pads.
Since the handle is telescopic, this mop is suitable for just about anyone. The 360° swivel head also makes reaching awkward spots a whole lot easier.
However, due to this swivel ability, the head can also flip over sometimes when you’re mopping. Also, this mop is a little heavier and bulkier than some, although most people will still be able to use it without too much trouble.
In sum, a great mop with some useful features and accessories. It would be a great choice for vinyl or most other hard floors – and can be used wet or dry – making this another option that deserves a look.
- Includes 3 reusable mop pads – and easy to switch over
- Comes with dirt remover – super-useful tool
- 360° swivel – for easier maneuverability
- Telescopic handle – locks in place
- Can be used wet or dry – gives more versatility
- A little bulky and heavy – although most people will be able to work with it
- Head can flip over during use – due to 360° swivel ability
4. Rubbermaid Reveal Spray Microfiber Floor Mop Cleaning Kit
Almost nobody enjoys housework, so anything that can reduce the time you spend doing it is welcome – and this mop system falls into that category.
Since it has an onboard spray bottle, there’s no need for a separate bucket – so you can just get on with cleaning the floor with no extra fuss. The bottle is refillable, and the pads are reusable, all of which can help you save a bit of cash too.
Unfortunately, the pads supplied are not of the best quality – but it’s cheap and easy enough to replace them with something better. Otherwise, the only major downside is the price since this is not the most budget-friendly option.
However, for something as practical and convenient as this spray mop system, we still think it represents great value for money – so if you don’t mind paying a bit extra, this could be just the mop you’re looking for.
- Includes non-scratch scrubber – for dealing with tougher dirt
- Bucket-free system – helps speed up your housework
- Refillable bottle – dispenses cleaning fluid effectively
- Reusable pads – can survive up to 100 washes
- Suitable for most floor types – versatile cleaning system
- Supplied pads not great – but can easily replace them
- Expensive option – not a budget-friendly choice
5. Rejuvenate Click N Clean Multi-Surface Spray Mop System
This 4-in-1 cleaning system for vinyl and other types of floor includes a grout brush, three reusable mop pads and a scrub pad. The spray system means you don’t need to use a bucket, and the pivoting head makes it more maneuverable.
One minor negative is that the instructions aren’t so clear, although most people will be able to work out how to assemble and use it. Also, the spray nozzle can become blocked, so you need to make sure you keep it clean and in good working order.
All in all, another great option for anyone looking for an all-in-one bucket-free cleaning system – and if that sounds like the kind of thing you’re looking for, this is an option that should be on your radar.
- 4-in-1 system – for a range of cleaning needs
- Directional spray nozzle – for more effective fluid dispensing
- Pivoting head – for cleaning hard-to-reach places
- Includes 3 reusable pads – saves money buying replacements
- Ergonomic handle – to help reduce fatigue
- Instructions not completely clear – could be better written
- Sprayer can become clogged – need to make sure it stays clean
6. MANGOTIME Mop
One of the biggest selling points of this mop is that it comes with two different types of mop pad – chenille and microfiber. You get two of each, and having both gives you more flexibility over how you clean, depending on the mess you’re dealing with.
The pads are machine-washable, saving you money on replacements, and we also like the wide 360° swivel head that helps speed up your mopping.
On the downside, the swivel mechanism is made of plastic and looks like it might not last so long – so you’ll need to treat it gently. Also, the poor instructions this mop comes with mean you’ll have to work out how to use it yourself.
Aside from that, this is still a very good product, so if you’re in need of a versatile mop for vinyl and other surfaces, this is another one to think about.
- Comes with two types of mop pad – offers more versatility
- Machine washable – save money and protect the environment
- 360° swivel head – for ease of mopping
- Wide head – to speed up your housework
- Long handle – extends up to 54”
- Swivel mechanism made of plastic – might be easy to break
- Poor instructions for assembly and use – need to work it out for yourself
7. Microfiber Spray Floor Mop for Floor Cleaning
If you like the sound of bucketless mopping systems, this is another one to check out. It includes an effective spray system that spreads cleaning fluid where you want to clean, making the job simple and effortless. The included scraper tool is also very useful for encrusted dirt.
The 360° swivel head gives you more maneuverability, and the mop pads are perfect for picking up dirt, hair and other mess. We also appreciate the soft grip that makes it comfortable to hold.
Our main complaint here would be that the quality is not amazing – although, at this kind of price point, it’s still perfectly acceptable. Another minor issue is that the bottle can be a little tricky to remove, but most people will be able to work it out.
This is mop will appeal to people who want to be able to mop without a bucket but who don’t want to spend more money than necessary – and if that includes you, this could be an ideal pick
- Spray system – eliminates need for a separate bucket
- 360° Swivel head – makes it easier to clean in inaccessible areas
- Includes useful scraper tool – for cleaning encrusted dirt from floors
- Traps dirt, dust and hair in the pads – cleans more efficiently
- Soft grip – more comfortable to hold
- Not high quality – although still good value at this price
- Bottle a little tricky to remove – needs a bit of effort
8. Spray Mop for Floor Cleaning
Here’s another spray mop for those who like the convenience of an all-in-one system. With this mop, you simply fill the bottle with the detergent of your choice and you’re ready to work – you don’t need to worry about buying special refills for it.
You can use this mop wet or dry, and the mop pads attach to the head by Velcro, making it easy to fit or remove them. It’s a versatile system that can be used on most surfaces and in any room in your house.
The only negatives to mention are related to quality. The spray nozzle isn’t the best we’ve seen, and the overall quality feels a little cheap – but it still does the job, and for the price, it’s about what you’d expect.
This is an affordable spray mop system that will help you take care of your cleaning tasks in less time than with a mop and separate bucket. A simple, effective cleaning tool that we liked a lot.
- Can be used dry or wet – flexible use
- Includes Velcro attachment for mop pads – easy to change
- Easy-use trigger – makes spraying convenient
- Can use your own cleaning fluid – don’t have to buy special refills
- Versatile mop – suitable for most floor types and all rooms
- Spray nozzle not the best – although it still works well enough
- Slightly cheap feel – not the highest quality
9. O-Cedar Easywring Microfiber Spin Mop & Bucket
For those looking for a top-end mop system, this could be the kind of thing you’ll appreciate. It features a special pedal-activated wringing system that allows you to control how much moisture is in the mop when you wipe the floor.
The pad itself is machine-washable, and the flexible design will allow you to mop along edges and in corners with ease. The handle extends up to 51” too, so this mop is suitable for people of almost any height.
The main issue we have here is with the size of the mop head. It’s quite small, which means it will take you longer to clean larger floor surfaces than it would with some other mops.
Other than that, the biggest downside is the price since this item doesn’t come cheap. However, if you’re looking for an advanced mopping system and you’re not put off by how much it costs, this could be the perfect mop for you.
- Foot pedal spin wring system – allows you to control the level of moisture
- Machine-washable pad – easy to wash and reuse
- Flexible design – cleans corners effortlessly
- Extendable handle – up to 51”
- Safe for all floor surfaces – won’t damage your vinyl
- Expensive option – a lot of money for a mop and bucket
- Small mop head – means larger jobs take longer
Plenty of great options to choose from
As you can see, when it comes to choosing the best mop for vinyl floors, there’s no shortage of options.
If you’re in the market for a new mop for your floor but are having trouble deciding which one to go for, any of the picks from our review would be a great place to start your search.