Vinyl can be a great choice for your bedroom floor. Choose the right type, and it will be warm underfoot and look great. It’s easy to install too. And you can give your bedroom a refresh without breaking the bank.
But if the range of options out there is making your head spin, don’t despair! We’re going to take a look at 10 of the best bedroom vinyl flooring options on the market. We’ll reveal what makes them great, as well as any drawbacks to look out for.
So if you’re ready, step this way to find the perfect flooring for your bedroom!
The Best Bedroom Vinyl Flooring Options on the Market
1. WESTICK Vinyl Floor Tiles, White Marble
If you’re looking for a vinyl floor that’s easy to install, these tiles from WESTICK are well worth considering. They come with adhesive already applied, so you simply peel off the backing paper and press them in place.
The design replicates white marble, with a subtle gray veining that would look great in a bedroom. Pair with contemporary furniture and clean lighting for a fresh, cool look.
Each tile measures 12 inches by 12 inches, and you’ll get 20 in a box. That means each box will cover 20 square feet of floor. Note that these aren’t suitable for laying over underfloor heating.
One thing to be aware of is that the tiles are thin – just 1 millimeter. That means they’ll need to go on top of a perfectly flat, smooth surface. Any imperfections underneath will show through the vinyl. And they won’t stick as well over lumps and bumps either.
- The white marble design will look great in contemporary interiors
- Very easy to install with a peel-and-stick construction
- Each tile covers one square foot, so it’s easy to work out how many you’ll need for your floor
- They’re thin, so your sub-floor will need to be perfectly smooth and level
- Not suitable for laying over underfloor heating.
2. Achim Home Furnishings Vinyl Floor Planks, Light Gray Oak
If you love the look of a wooden floor, these vinyl floor planks from Achim Home Furnishings could be the perfect choice. The light gray oak finish will work beautifully in either traditional or contemporary design schemes.
Each plank measures 36 inches by 6 inches. You’ll get 10 of them in a box, giving coverage of 15 square feet.
Because they’re planks rather than tiles, they create the look of traditional floorboards. And they have a subtly textured surface, helping replicate the feel of real wood grain.
They’re designed to be stuck into place. Just peel off the backing paper and press them onto the sub-floor.
But make sure you prepare that sub-floor carefully. The planks are only 1.2 millimeters thick, so any imperfections will show through the vinyl.
The main thing to be aware of with these planks is that they contain a substance called DEHP. It’s a phthalate, and it’s been linked to cancer and reproductive health disorders.
There’s disagreement between scientists on how much DEHP in the environment is enough to cause a problem. But if you’re worried about the air quality in your home, there will be better options out there.
- Classy gray oak design
- Lightly textured surface is comfortable underfoot
- Very easy to install – just peel off the backing paper and press the planks into position
- You’ll need the sub-floor to be smooth and clean to get a good finish
- These contain DEHP, which has been linked to serious health problems.
3. CHICHOME Vinyl Floor Tiles, Black Marble
CHICHOME’s vinyl floor tiles bring the luxurious appearance of black marble to your bedroom. And they’re a fraction of the price of the real thing.
They have dramatic white veining and a mid-gloss finish. They’re completely waterproof too, and easy to keep clean.
Each pack contains six tiles, each measuring 12 inches by 12 inches. So with coverage of 1 square foot per tile, it’s easy to work out how many you need. Just remember to include extra to take account of wastage.
Installation is simple too, using the peel-and-stick method. But note that, as with lots of vinyl flooring of this type, these tiles are thin. With a depth of only 1 millimeter, you’ll need the surface below to be clean, level and smooth.
- Inexpensive way to get the look of black marble
- Completely waterproof and easy to maintain
- Each tile measures 1 square foot, so it’s easy to calculate how many you’ll need
- Thin, so make sure your sub-floor is even, clean and smooth
- No matter how good it looks, vinyl won’t feel or sound like real marble.
4. Art3d Vinyl Floor Planks, White Washed
Art3d’s vinyl floor planks bring the romantic appearance of whitewashed floorboards to your bedroom.
Each plank is 36 inches long and 6 inches wide. They’re available in different pack sizes, with either 6, 12 or 36 planks per pack. The smallest will cover 9 square feet, the medium pack 18 square feet, and the largest 54 square feet.
The planks have a layer of adhesive on the back, so it’s very easy to install them. Just remove the protective backing paper and position them as required. If you’re installing them on vertical surfaces, like stair risers, add extra adhesive to make sure they stay put.
They’re slightly thicker than tiles, with a depth of 1.5 millimeters. But they’re still easy to cut. Just make sure that the surface to which you’re attaching them is smooth and even. They’re not deep enough to disguise imperfections.
- Romantic whitewashed wood design
- Available in a range of different pack sizes
- Self-adhesive, so easy to install
- You may need extra adhesive if installing on any vertical surfaces
- Too thin to disguise all but the most minor imperfection in your sub-floor.
5. Achim Home Furnishings Nexus Floor Tiles, Dark Slate Marble
These tiles from Achim Home Furnishings have a distinctive pattern, combining elements of marble and slate. It’s a sophisticated style that would look good in any room in your home.
The tiles are 12 inches long and 12 inches wide, so each tile covers 1 square foot. Alternatively, there’s a “2-set” tile, which gives the appearance of two tiles placed next to each other.
Whether you choose singles or 2-sets, installation is straight forward. Just peel off the backing paper and press the sticky side to your sub-floor.
Note that the tiles are 1.2 millimeters thick, so they won’t be as forgiving of imperfections as vinyl plank flooring. And as with other products from Achim Home Furnishings, these contain DEHP, a chemical which has been linked to health harms.
- Available in standard tiles and larger 2-sets
- Sophisticated color and pattern
- Easy to cut and install
- They contain DEHP, which has been linked to health problems including cancer
- The 1.2 millimeter depth means you’ll need the sub-floor to be in good condition.
6. Auxua Vinyl Floor Tiles, White Marble
If you’re looking for a light-toned floor that’s easy to maintain, check out these tiles from Auxua. They mimic the appearance of white marble, with a pale brown veining that’s simple and stylish.
You can choose between packs containing 4, 12 or 24 tiles. Each tile measures 12 inches long by 12 inches wide, so will cover 1 square foot.
They’re self-adhesive, and the glue has been formulated to be extra strong. And they don’t contain formaldehyde.
The 0.75 millimeter depth makes these one of the thinnest tiles we’ve found. That means they’re easy to cut and install, even on vertical surfaces. But they also require the sub-floor to be completely smooth.
And while they should be fine for a bedroom, we wouldn’t recommend them for higher traffic areas like hallways.
- Sophisticated and subtle white marble design
- Available in packs of 4, 12 or 24
- Self-adhesive, with strong glue that will fix securely to most surfaces
- Very thin – your sub-floor will need to be perfectly smooth and clean before installation
- May not be suitable for higher traffic areas.
7. FloorPops Medina Vinyl Floor Tiles, Gray (Our Top Pick)
Each tile measures 12 inches by 12 inches, and they’re available in packs of 10. Each pack will therefore cover an area of 10 square feet.
Note though, that the pattern alignment isn’t perfect. The difference between tiles is minor, but if you’re a perfectionist, you’ll notice it.
The tiles are water resistant and washable. And the peel-and-stick design keeps installation simple and neat, with no need for extra glue.
The tiles are slightly thicker than some, as 1.5 millimeters. You’ll still need the surface to which you’re sticking them to be smooth and clean. But they’ll stand up to heavier wear than thinner products. They come with a limited lifetime warranty too.
- Washable and water resistant
- Self-adhesive, so they’re very easy to install
- Come with a limited lifetime warranty
- The pattern doesn’t align exactly between tiles
- Although thicker than standard tiles, you’ll still need your sub-floor to be clean and smooth.
8. Selkirk Vinyl Plank Flooring, Lake Shore
If you want a more robust flooring option, check out this vinyl plank flooring from Selkirk. It’s available in a range of colors, but for a bedroom we love Lake Shore. It’s a soothing mid-brown with gray tones, perfect for creating a tranquil chill-out zone.
Each plank has beveled edges that lock into their neighbor. That means you won’t need glue, except at the very edges of the floor. They can be installed over pretty much any firm sub-floor.
There’s an enhanced wear layer to protect against scratches and scuffs. And they come with a 15-year limited warranty for domestic use. But make sure you check the package when it’s delivered. We’ve heard of some cases where the planks have arrived damaged.
The main drawback with these is the price. They are significantly more expensive than thinner vinyl tiles. But with a longer lifetime, they may prove to be better value for money in the long run.
- Click-and-lock design for easier installation
- Enhanced wear layer protects against scuffs and scratches
- Comes with a 15-year limited warranty for domestic use
- More expensive than some other options – but the quality is higher too
- We’ve heard of cases where the planks have arrived damaged, so check them on delivery.
9. Flooret Vinyl Plank Flooring, Madeira
If you’re looking for a floor to stand the test of time, the Madeira from Flooret should make your shortlist. It has a 40-mil wear layer, twice that of standard commercial vinyl flooring.
The dark tones and attractive wood grain texture will look great in your bedroom. And the surface is “embossed in register”. That means the texture mirrors the print on the plank, making it very difficult to distinguish from real wood.
It’s installed using the click-and-lock method, so you won’t need much adhesive. And it comes with pre-attached underlayment, so you’ll get better insulation and less noise.
It’s also a good choice for anyone worried about chemicals in their home. It’s FloorScore certified, so you can be confident it won’t adversely affect air quality.
The planks here are extra large, measuring 72 inches by 9 inches. That gives them a luxurious look. But installation will be a little more awkward if you’re working in a confined space.
Note that you’ll only be able to buy samples of the flooring from online retailers. If you decide this is the right option for your bedroom, you’ll need to order direct from the manufacturer.
- Hard to tell apart from real wood
- Extra deep 40-mil wear layer makes these planks very robust
- FloorScore certified, so won’t adversely affect the air quality in your home
- The extra-long planks can be tricky to maneuver if you’re working in a smaller space
- Only samples can be ordered online.
10. Lucida USA Vinyl Floor Planks, Winter
Last but not least are these luxury vinyl floor planks from Lucida USA. They come in 13 gorgeous shades, but our favorite is “winter”, with its chalky mix of off-white and pale grays. It would look wonderful as a backdrop to a neutral palette.
The wear layer here is 12-mil, and there’s a heavy-duty urethane finish. They come with a 10-year warranty for residential use.
Installation is straight forward. The planks simply click into place and lock together, without the need for adhesive. They contain no formaldehydes or phthalates, and are FloorScore certified.
Each plank measures 6 inches by 36 inches, and it’s 2 millimeters deep. That’s not as thick as some click-and-lock plank flooring, though. For the best results, make sure your sub-floor is in good shape before installation.
- Simple installation using the click-and-lock method
- Contains no formaldehydes or phthalates, and is FloorScore certified
- Comes with a 10-year warranty for residential use
- Not as thick as some click-and-lock vinyl flooring, so make sure your sub-floor is smooth before installation
- Relatively pricey.
Time to choose your new vinyl flooring!
We hope you’ve enjoyed our guide to ten of the best bedroom vinyl floor options available right now. Whatever your design scheme and budget, there are some great products to choose from.
Our top pick is Floorpops’ Medina floor tiles. We love their Moorish design and subtle color way. They’re easy to install, and they’re very cost-effective too.
But whichever flooring you choose, we hope you enjoy creating a fresh new look in your bedroom!